Mingarry Lodges are currently open and we are pleased to be able to welcome guests to Mingarry, Moidart and The Ardnamurchan. Scotland moved beyond Level 0 on the 9th August 2021, and all Covid rules and restrictions were lifted in Scotland on April 18th 2022. Please see the current Scottish Government Guidance on Coronvirus for full details.
The safety and well being of our guests is extremely important to us and we would like to share some of the measures that we have put in place for your safety and peace of mind in these unprecedented times. These measures include risk assessment and staff training, the adoption of a new deep cleaning protocol, signage to ensure social distancing, updated arrival times, flexible cancellation and revised terms and conditions.
A Professional Approach
Mingarry Lodges is registered and inspected for Quality Assurance by Visit Scotland. As such, we take a professional approach to guest, staff and community welfare and safety.
We have conducted a Covid 19 Risk Assessment to ensure the safety of our guests, staff, visitors and the wider community. The Risk Assessment will be reviewed on a regular basis to take account of any changes in government guidelines or legislation.
- We have adopted a range of measures and protocols to ensure that you can enjoy a clean and safe stay at Mingarry Lodges.
- We have completed training in Covid-19 Holiday Let Cleaning Protocols.
- During each change over, we will adopt a strict two phase, deep clean and disinfection regime which follows industry standard cleaning protocols.
- Medical grade, environmentally-friendly disinfectant and cleaning solutions will be used during the cleaning process. These comply with British and European standards EN1276, AFNOR, EN14476, EN12504, and EN13727.
- Pillow protectors, cushion covers and bed runners are washed between guests and cotton bedding is washed at 60 degrees for maximum safety and comfort. Mattress protectors are changed on a regular basis.
- All crockery, cutlery, glassware and mugs are put through the dishwasher each week.
- Sofas, headboards, furniture and tables are wiped down with medical grade disinfectant and particular attention is paid to high touch areas such as light switches, doors and handles, hairdryers, remote controls and door keys.
- Outside furniture and touch points such as handrails are cleaned each week.
- We wear appropriate PPE, including face masks and gloves during the cleaning regime and use a cleaning checklist for quality assurance and verification. The cleaning checklist will be made available to each guest on arrival.
- We will also provide appropriate cleaning materials and disinfectants within the lodge for guest use during their stay.
Expectations on Arrival and Departure
- All of the relevant access information will be sent to you prior to your arrival so that you will be able to access the lodges without meeting us on arrival.
- The revised standard check-in time for 2022 is 5 pm and the revised standard departure time is 9:30 am to allow the cleaning staff sufficient time to safely and thoroughly deep clean, disinfect and ventilate each lodge ready for your arrival
- There will be advice on the need for appropriate social distancing during your stay.
- Hand sanitiser gel will be available on site for your safety.
- We will be in contact in person or via phone to welcome you to Mingarry Lodges and to check that everything is in order for your stay.
- We will also be around for a chat throughout the week should you wish to do so. We really enjoy getting to know our guests during their stay and enjoy sharing wildlife, walking and holiday experiences and hope to continue doing so at a safe and appropriate social distance.
- On departure, we request that guests carry out some simple house-keeping tasks for the safety of the cleaning staff and future guests, such as stripping sheets from the beds and bagging, removing rubbish and opening windows prior to departure.
Guests will be offered a full refund or the opportunity to rebook if we are unable to accommodate your holiday at Mingarry Lodges during 2022 due to a Government imposed coronavirus related lockdown. We strongly advise that all guests take out appropriate travel insurance before taking their holiday at Mingarry Lodges to cover eventualities, such as illness or self isolation requirements following a positive coronovirus test.
Revised Terms and Conditions
Please note that we have revised our terms and conditions, in the light of the coronovirus outbreak. Changes include the standard arrival time (which has changed to 17:00), the standard departure time (which has changed to 09:30), the need for appropriate social distancing on site and the responsibilities of guests for reporting symptoms of Covid-19 before arrival and during their stay (see sections 1, 4 and 11 in our terms and conditions for full details).
- Guests should not travel to Mingarry Lodges if any member of the party has, within the 10 days, prior to arrival tested positive for Covid-19, had contact with anyone with Covid-19 or suspected Covid-19, or are showing any signs or symptoms of the disease (eg, a new cough, a temperature above 37.8oC, loss of taste and/or small, shortness of breath or other flu like symptoms). In these situations, you should contact your travel insurance company for advice.
- If you or member of your party develop symptoms of COVID-19 during your stay you must inform us immediately. If you are well enough to travel, you should return home and self-isolate in accordance with current Scottish Government guidance. If, for any health reason, you are required to extend your stay, you will be required to pay all additional costs.
- During your stay at Mingarry Lodges guests must follow current Scottish Government guidance, www.gov.scot/coronavirus-covid-19. Please be aware that this includes information on how many people and households can meet up indoors and the requirements on social distancing.
- We strongly advise all guests to take out appropriate travel insurance to cover all eventualities.
- Scottish Government: Coronavirus in Scotland
- NHS Inform: Test and Protect in Scotland
- Summary of Restriction Levels
- ASSC Cleaning Protocols for Self Catering Properties
Thank you to all our guests
We would like to thank all of our guests for their continued support during these unprecedented times. We hope that all of our guests stay safe and well and that you enjoy your holiday at Mingarry Lodges. In the meantime, please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.Page last updated: 29 April 2022