We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy at Mingarry Lodges.
The rules on processing of personal data are changing on the 25th May 2018 and are set out in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), an EU wide data policy designed to harmonize data privacy laws across Europe and to protect and empower all EU citizens. The UK is already committed to remain GDPR compliant post Brexit and all businesses need to comply with GDPR - watch this short video on GDPR produced by Business Gateway to find out more.
This notice (together with any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
1. Who are we?
Mingarry Lodges is run as a self catering business by Andrew and Jayne Theaker and together we act as the data controller. This means we decide how your personal data is processed and for what purposes. Our contact details can be found at https://www.mingarrylodges.com/contact.
2. The categories of personal data concerned
In order to manage your booking at Mingarry Lodges we collect the following personal data
- Name, address, email address and phone number of the person making the booking and the names of other people included in the booking.
This is to allow us to comply with the Immigration (Hotel Records) Order 1972, for safety reasons and to allow us to manage your booking as effectively as possible.
3. The purposes of processing your personal data
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To manage your booking at Mingarry Lodges
- To send you specific information regarding your booking, for example, confirmation emails, payment due notices, receipts, arrival information and invitations to post online reviews and to seek feedback on your holiday experience.
- To send out occasional marketing emails and letters if you have given consent for us to do so.
4. How we obtain your personal data
We obtain your personal data from the information that you provide when making a booking via telephone, email or through our online booking system (see below).
5. Other systems used by Mingarry Lodges
Mingarry Lodges uses the SuperControl online booking system. When you make a booking online via www.mingarrylodges.com/bookings you are entering your data into the SuperControl booking system which stores your data on our behalf. We also enter data provided by you via email or telephone into the SuperControl system in order to manage your booking. Please see their Privacy Notice for further details.
6. Sharing your personal data
We do not share your personal data other than with partner systems mentioned above, and only then for specific purposes as stated in this notice. Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential.
7. How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary and we only retain your data for the purposes of managing bookings, financial record keeping and for engagement/marketing communication (where consent has been given).
9. Social Media
10. Accessing Your Information
The GDPR Regulation 2018 gives you many rights with respect to your personal data, including:
- The right to request a copy of the personal data which we hold about you;
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data;
You may contact us at email@example.com if you would like to exercise any of these rights.